Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Love at first sight....

!Hola amigos!
We arrived safely at 1 this afternoon after leaving Rainbows of Hope headquarters at 4 AM. The view from the plane made me just as excited to be in this beautiful country as the chubby little boy who was sitting next to me. The mountains are stunning, and we are 5000 ft above sea level here. The soot from the vulcan has all been swept up and the city seems like it is up and running as usual.
Amazing praise- all 17 pieces of luggage made it through the airports and met us in Guatemala city!
Another praise, the facilities here are great. These kids are so well taken care of, and we got the news as soon as we arrived that the short term teams that come throughout the summer would be working on projects, but we would be working with the kids. :D
Now its finally bedtime. Prayer for our assignments on where we will be working is the most important request right now.
Mom and Dad- you'd love this place. And they have a little salon, so I am kind of bitter that you didn't further encourage my early dream of being a beautician. Turns out up-dos arent really that useful.
Oh and PS my team is amazing. And so is the spanish language. And, don't judge this blog, it was written on limited sleep:D
I see why people fall in love with this country.
I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment