Monday, June 14, 2010

Los ninos

I love these kids, but I also know these kids. Which makes them less cute but more interesting. And they have a lot of snot. And they still respond to threats of “would you rather walk or go get in your bed?” And they each have very specific stories. Today the stories are as follows:


Suzie. Difficult and weird. She took the water glass and went and sat really close to the wall and stared at it. She also randomly refuses to walk and we have to threaten her with strange things like taking her shoes. Like I said, difficult and weird. Today I walked into the bathroom and her arms were completely immersed in the toilet and had a bar of soap. Her shirt was all wet and she just looked up at me and grinned. I had to leave really quickly to laugh. And yet take a look:

Endearing ain’t she? We started really bonding today when I decided to imitate her very expressive faces. Apparently I’m hilarious.

Samson is clingy. Some of the men from the other group found a little snake and were showing my kids. Samson got so freaked he almost pulled my pants right off. No worries, I have quick reflexes.

Rickie. He is new here, which is a sad thought. He’s not very social yet, and he cries a lot. But today we spent a long time on the swing together and his smile is the most precious thing. Someday I will capture it. I also spent a long time arguing with him because he always has to “pee pee.” The argument went as follows “No necesitas” (you don’t need to) “Si” “no” “si” “no”… This happens often. How do I know when he really has to go? He doesn’t ask, he just runs back to the house.



Today I came inside and Ricardo was standing in the hallway with his pants and underwear at his ankles. He was waiting for someone to give him toilet paper. The problem was that Gerson was already on the toilet. I had to laugh when I went to go get paper and Ricardo hopped away into the laundry room with his pants still down. Another universal fact: kids like to be naked. Ricardo also has a fettish with Andrea’s hair. Yesterday he did her hair half up and put a flower in it.







Then there is Chelsea, she’s pretty much just cute and chill. She likes to touch your face.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren!! Way to have a blog separate from the group's and not tell me! I just had to catch up!!

    But it looks like you're having a grand ol' time. You see why that place is so amazing and why those kids are so precious!!! I miss them so much...

    But keep it up. You will get tired and you will get discouraged. Rely on that Jesus and he will carry you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Lo those children seem so precious..I love reading about your days and this post certainly put a smile on my face :) miss you and love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lo, My heart is breaking. Please please give that little David all the love & attention he needs. His crying is his heart breaking in confusion, I'm sure. I am praying for you as you minister to these precious little children. God--please fill Lauren & the team with your Spirit in a very powerful way & let your love flow through them upon these children. Give them the physical & emotional energy that they need that only comes from You! Amen.
    We love you, Lauren!! Thanks for the update! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete