Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thanks.

So raising teenage girls who go to school, need uniforms, clothes, school supplies, medical care and food costs money. Therefore, there is no money for recreation. No money for playing, no special outings unless they are free. I think back on how many amazing memories I have- either special lunch dates with dad, great family vacations, summer nights walking to get ice cream and I am so thankful for the love and attention and sacrifices my parents gave me. These girls just don't have that. They have love (now, anyways), and Tomasina, the caretaker, works so hard to make special snacks within the budget, and we get creative with money- but the girls still do not have the same opportunities that other people with good parents have. So guess what Parkview (church family) - we did what their parents never got to do. We took the whole house- the babies, staff, and girls- to the pool.  










At 4 in the afternoon I was sitting with the two babies on a lawn chair while the girls were all playing some game in the pool. They all started laughing so hard- I had no idea at what. Tomasina, the caretaker, walked over and sat down in the chair next to me. She smiled and looked at me and said, "Look at them. They've forgotten everything. Thank you."

Parkview, thank you for giving joyfully and for letting me receive your support here. 
Thank you.
From the bottom of our hearts.

Love to you all,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh those pics make me so happy.
    miss these faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what we all take for granted!! It is great seeing smiles on their faces. It makes me want to do more for them... Thanks for being an extension of our love, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o, lo...i started crying once i saw those pictures...you know what i saw? joy and innocence...thank you so much for posting the photos. i'm so glad to have more faces to picture when i'm praying. i love you

    p.s. i can't remember the last time i cried...so it's special...

    ReplyDelete