Thursday, September 15, 2011

Willi Great.


This is a blog about Bolivia.
And yet, I want to take the time to say a little something about a long lost home I am missing.
A Tribute to Williston.

W is for, well, willi great bonding time. And it is for, well the willi wonderful uses of the word  “willi”, as inspired by Karen Bergman.
I is for ice cold. Which we never were. (no need to explain that one.)
L is for like it or not we are a family. So get along Botta and Hogan! Or should I say Maggie and Wes. (hehe:) ) We might be scattered, but the love continues.  
L is for ladies. Ladies who may appear to be like a normal stock of Wheaties. But oh no. There is nothing ordinary about you ladies. (facetious planning, dancing on the…, hammocking, the occasional good cry, Chinese food, patiently enduring stomping above) Oh how I admire the Ladies of Williston.
I is for impact. Now you are in the full swing of the semester,  Jrs and leaders in every which department, and I am so sure that if you take seriously your gifts and offer yourselves as living sacrifices, well, Wheaton will be changed by you. 
S is for SANTA! Or Poppa Jens. Cheers to great Christmas memories.
T is for time, which you all thankfully didn’t take too seriously. We stayed up late, mafia-ed, played, (some smashed) and worshiped. And then sometimes we did homework. 
O is for ominous. This would not be a tribute to Williston if I did not mention its creepy charm. We lived through the creeks, leaks, and even the stomping noises in the middle of the night. (Then, of course, we found out it was just Botta.)
N is for NO MORE fire alarms! Except for Kelsi, Sean, and Maggie…
N is also for now I want you to know that just because I am in Bolivia doesn’t mean that I have stopped thinking about all of you. I pray for you often. I miss you all, and you better take your time left at Wheaton so seriously. Because you are all capable of carrying on the legacy you created.  Thanks for being great.
Love you UCCS. RAs. sorts of UCCs and sort of RAs... and my girls on 2. ALL OF YOU.
Chow for now.

5 comments:

  1. Hannah and I just read this together and are now lost in memories and stories of Willi. We miss you so much! We're praying for you often, and love you more than you know. Campus isn't the same without you on it, but I know you're doing great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahhh! This is so incredibly amazing! I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you Lo! It's funny, everyone keeps saying how much they wish they were back in Willi, but at least we still have each other. Love you and praying for you! The floor will be waiting when you get back...hopefully haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're making me tear up...we are waiting for you...and don't worry...i'm not wreaking too much havoc on the willi wonderful world of wheaton...how's that for a willi great use of "willi"!! i'm going to hngr prayer group with pam after we have bfast on thurs...i am praying for and love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s....your picture on the wheaton website is adorable...post some current ones of you and the girls, please!!

    ReplyDelete