Saturday, August 27, 2011

When it's not about capable.

I really like being prepared.
I love it actually.
There is just something so comforting about knowing what you are getting into and feeling ready to face it. And yet, here I am in Cochabamba. Speaking, sometimes stuttering through, a second language and the beautiful and talented psychologist Gladys is taking her maternity leave. She is very pregnant.
And I am going to take over some of the projects that she is leaving me wiht.
I am not going pretend to be her, I do not have the training. But I am going to step in a fill some spots. And I am looking at this situation, and I am freaking out.
I have to talk to 10 (well, soon to be 14) girls in spanish, in a way they understand, about life. About God. About boys.
If you would have asked me why I wanted to go work at Mosoj Yan, I would have told you that I wanted to go so I could have the chance to have these conversations with them.  So I could listen, affirm and love.
Suddenly I am realizing that I am not prepared. It's hard enough to talk about sensitive topics in english, and well I don't get that luxury. My understanding of their problems, sometimes disorders is inadequate. My experience with them is limited.
But Paul said, boast in your weaknesses. So, here I am. Exclaiming the fact that I am not prepared. And God won't let that be an excuse.
So, pray for me please, I am very aware that I am in a battle here. The things that I say have great wieght for these girls, they don't have many people giving them wisdom. I am one of four right now.
Pray for boldness. For health. And for us.
Gladys will continue giving me wisdom, but for now, I need to step up.

Update on my health- I'm not operating at 100% but I am eating more or less as normal. I went to work everyday this week and have been resting too. I have 5 more days on meds, and I pray I will be fully functional at that point.
Thanks for your love and prayers!


3 comments:

  1. I am Praying (always) for you sweet heart :)
    and at the time HE Will Equip with you with just the right words for each one :)
    Be Strong and True, be you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Paula said: I am praying for you constantly. Abba, speak to these girls through Lo; may her mouth be a vessel for Your love to be shown to these girls. If I know anything, Lo, I know that you have a gift for listening and for speaking the love of God to others...you had some good practice (albeit in English and with probably "lesser" issues) with me. Love you muchísimo!

    ReplyDelete