Sunday, August 21, 2011

Live.


Thanks all for cheering me on with many English prayers to a God who helps calms nerves and helps me speaka da Spanish.
The radio interview went well, I was calm and really enjoyed talking about the work I’m doing.
My grammar was not all there all the time, and he asked me off-script questions, but I got the points across. And the questions really gave me a chance to think about what I’m doing, and why. I take for granted the fact that most people who I talk to understand why I am here.
To vocalize it more explicitly over the radio meant that I got to say that the whole point of me being here was to get to know the girls at Albergue, and my hope was that they would know the love of God, and that the love of God could transform their lives.
Thanks for your prayers on that.

In regards to my life since then, well I have to say that I love Bolivia, but not its amebas. I’ve been in bed/ in the bathroom since Tuesday. The doctor told me yesterday I have a bacteria and amebas. I have medicine now and should be fully back to normal in 10 days. Let’s just say my clothes fit looser now.
My body is starting to feel better as of today, but I would welcome prayer for my stomach and head.
I was reading a devotional on God being the healer and it mentioned 1 Cor 12:9 (My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness. ) This is God’s response to Paul after Paul pleaded with God for him to take away the “thorn in his flesh.”
Don’t tell my theology profs at Wheaton, but I’m thinking Paul had amebas.

Love to you all as you are changing seasons, changing states, starting crucial school years, starting crucial stages of life, and going with what God is doing at home.
May God bless with you with the grace he promises in our weaknesses. And may he protect you from amebas and bacteria. 

4 comments:

  1. UGH AMOEBAS. You so have my sympathy. I'm sorry :-(

    been praying for you this week lady! hug everyone for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that I couldn't have a better conversation yesterday...the LA airport by my gate was crazy noisy! I am praying for you to get better. Did you ever get the stuff I sent via your professor?
    I am looking forward to coming & hugging you (yep--you have to put up w/ that) in 11 weeks--yes, I am counting down:
    See Rachel in 2 weeks,
    See Becca in 8 weeks,
    See Lauren in 11 weeks.
    I miss my girls!!! I love you!!
    Keep the stories & photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you rocked your interview! That is so cool that you got to share your love for Jesus and those kids to the world :) Sorry about the amoebas.... I think that their habitation in people is part of the curse haha. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stinky amoebas...i hope you're feeling better. may the words you spoke on the radio continue to be used by god to speak to others, as i'm sure they already have been.

    p.s. i'm sure your bolivian family will have no trouble telling you to eat (as they seem prone to tell you) to get the pants fitting again...haha...love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete